donnambrownuk

donnambrownuk

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops - Jen Campbell This is a book that should come with several warnings, including making strange “Nooooo!” exclamations in public, not being able to breathe for laughing and regularly wanting to smack yourself upside your head with the book to see if you really are still in the world you thought you lived in or if you’ve slipped into another dimension, where people are fundamentally lacking in common sense.

This is a hilarious book but I suspect a little less funny if you were on the receiving end of some of these comments. Such as the man who got berated by an old lady for refusing to leave the shop and buy a stamp for her! Or the shop owner who had to try and find a book from a vague ‘It has a green cover’ style of description.

I would have loved this book to be longer and I suspect there are many more stories that could be included. Paving the way for book two? Perhaps. Certainly this book – and presumably subsequent volumes – would make a fantastic gift. Just don’t forget to share the above warnings…

Review originally published on Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dave.