donnambrownuk

donnambrownuk

Cat Pies: Feline Historical Trivia

Cat Pies: Feline Historical Trivia - Grace Elliot I contacted Grace directly via Kindle Boards because I'd seen her post about a new cat-related title and my interest was immediately piqued. Grace very kindly provided a review copy of her title - full of historical feline related trivia - and I had a quick look at the first few pages. Of course, I immediately fell hook line and sinker into the book and kept breaking off to read things to Mr B.

One of the things that has always intrigued me about cats is how many contradictory views there are of them. They have been revered and reviled, adored and abhored, loved and loathed for as long as we have had any sort of relationship with them. It is for those reasons that I find any volume that considers our relationship with cats very intriguing and Grace Elliot's title is no exception.

Sharing the secrets of the Cat Meat Man (which may or may not be as disturbing to you as it sounds - I'll save that mystery!) and covering a range of topics, Elliot's title offers a wonderful glimpse into cats through history. Full of trivia, literary and cultural references, anecdotes and quotations, this is a title that will appeal to trivia lovers and those with any interest in our feline friends.

An excellent addition to any library and a wonderful celebration of our furry friends. Or enemies. Whatever your view of cats, I defy you not to be fascinated by this volume and the things you'll learn about them.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. I did not receive any further compensation. All views are my own.