donnambrownuk

donnambrownuk

3 Heads & a Tail

3 Heads & a Tail - Vickie Johnstone I’ve read Vickie’s work before and loved it and having had a very heavy week I really wanted something I knew was going to be a fun read. Vickie described it as silly but I didn’t find it silly at all. I found it funny, oh so funny, entertaining and a great read.

Josie moves into a house with nice guy Ben, pretty poser David, plus the star of the book – and by far the funniest character of all – the dog, Glen. It’s a testament to Vickie’s great writing that despite having a husband called David (who I love to pieces), I never thought of him when I came across the name ‘David’ in this book. I only thought of the character she presented so skilfully.

Anyway, as you can probably imagine there’s a little to-ing and fro-ing about who is the right guy for Josie and that’s great – I love a good rom com. However, the hilarity of the book lies in the additional stories, including poor Glen being pimped out but meeting his own doggy love.

I like funny books. I like books that make me go ‘Aaaahhhhh!’ and ‘Squeeeeeee!’ Mr B likes them less. I’m sure it must be very hard to be a serious fantasy writer when your wife keeps reading one liners and laughing like a hyena. What can I say? The book is laugh out loud funny and deserves to be celebrated.

Thank you to Vickie Johnstone for providing a perfect read. A wonderful tonic to a difficult week, a must add for anyone who loves dogs, fun, romance or… um… naked cowboys. This is a book with something for everyone!

This review was originally published on Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dave. I received a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review.